- Kurt Cobain (vocals, guitar)
- Pat Smear (guitar)
- Krist Novoselic (bass, accordion)
- Dave Grohl (drums, bass)
- Melora Creager (cello)
- Ian Beveridge (monitor engineer)
- Pete Currier (rigger)
- John Duncan (guitar technician)
- Garry Mackenzie (drum technician)
- Alex MacLeod (tour manager)
- Jeff Mason (production manager)
- Kelly Nase (tour accountant)
- Craig Overbay (front of house engineer)
- Susanne Sasic (lighting designer)
- Ed Swink (stage manager)
- Appy Thörig (mojo barrier)
- Jim Vincent (guitar technician)
- [O] Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam Grohl on bass, Novoselic on accordion
- [X] Polly
- [X] The Man Who Sold The World
- [X] Dumb
- [X] Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
- [X] Something In The Way
Best available sources
|Source ID||Quality||Complete||Runtime||Lowest Gen||Tracks Featured||Notes|
|SBD #1||10.0||0:03:57||Official CD (With The Lights Out)||
NIRVANA embarked on the European leg of the In Utero tour with cellist, Melora Creager, in tow.
In addition to acclimatising to huge arenas, Creager had to overcome discord within the band; while Cobain was encouraging her to improvise, Novoselic preferred that she stick to conventional melodies.
I got really excited, so all my parts were cadenzas and crazy cello everywhere. [Then] Krist would ask me, Creager recalls.
You're playing like the record, right?
Those guys [Cobain and Novoselic] didn't really talk much. And in my mind, Kurt's the leader and he told me to play whatever I wanted, but Krist didn't like it like that… It was really nerve-wracking! (1)
To resolve the situation, Cobain sat Creager down in a room with Novoselic—
like a teacher, she says—and listened to what she was playing.
We ended up mixing it up a bit. Some things, I made up. Some things were from the record. (1)
- Borzillo, Carrie, 2000. Eyewitness Nirvana: The Day-By-Day Chronicle. Carlton Books. ↑